Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mystery of the Ominous Usra, Part 2

Mystery of the Ominous Usra, Part 2- 28 January 2010

Nothing too exciting has happened yet today, at least not yet. However, I did find out a really interesting story about my family that I thought was worth mentioning. If you recall, the most recent terrorist attack in Jordan was the bombing of a wedding at a hotel in Amman in 2005. It was at a hotel called the “Landmark.” The Landmark Hotel is actually relatively close to where I am living. MOM AND BRIDGET STOP! I know exactly what you’re thinking. According to the locals here, security has been extremely tight and thorough here because of this. Everyone is always on high alert and there is a noticeable police presence. (i.e. everyone is packing major heat) My brother Zaki and his wife were actually at that wedding and survived the attack. Two of their friends didn’t. Al-Hamdullah they arrived late to the wedding ceremony and were outside the building when the bombs went off. When they heard the sound, they started running.

FUN FACT(S):

The National Pastime in Jordan is tied between TV and Gossip.

Jordan is the 2nd most water-poor nation on Earth. There is always a shortage and rain makes national headlines.

I saw a sign on a car similar to the “baby on board” signs in the US, only this one said “wife in trunk.” (That’s for you, Mike)

3 comments:

  1. Timothy, sorry for not posting a comment sooner, as you know your mom oftentimes needs some remedial computer assistance. Please give my regards to your new family. I am grateful to them for opening their home to you,I would love to meet them to thank them in person. I love hearing about Jordan,,,,now send photos!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you know I'd worry. Good thing you already told me that story today!
    Ireland has plenty of water. We probably have too much, hence everything being green. I'll send you some right away!

    ReplyDelete