Saturday, February 27, 2010

Never Did I Ever


Never Did I Ever Think I Would See This In Jordan! -27 February 2010

Usually I wait till I have a few new stories accumulated until I post a new blog, but for those of you who understand what I am about to show you, you understand my rush!

Today my host sister and I visited the Royal Automobile Museum of Jordan, which is a collection of all the cars owned by the Jordanian Royal Family from the first king to the present king. Present were famous cars from WWI all the way to recently purchased sports cars. Among the collection were brands such as Rolls Royce, BMW, Bentley, Ford, Ferrari, Buick, Aston Martin, and Bugatti.

Yes, I did just say Bugatti. Which model you ask? Why it happens to be one of the most recent. In fact it looks something like this...








The Specs on this car are as follows:

16 cylinder engine
1001 HP
Top Speed: 253 mph
Ten separate radiators just to cool the engine!

Base Price. $1.7 million dollars


No I didn't get to sit in it
No I didn't get to touch it
No the guard wouldn't let me take it

....but I really really wanted to!


FUN FACT:

Yesterday was the prophet Mohammed's birthday (peace be upon him). We tried to visit the King Abdullah Mosque, but it was closed. However, we did get to visit the King Hussein Mosque today...

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9475/kinghusseinmosquezu8.jpg


3 comments:

  1. were all the cars off limits to drool? or could you leave finger prints on some but not others?

    LEARN SOMETHING

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen photos of the King Hussein Mosque from the outside, is it as beautiful on the inside? Mosques appear to be more open on the inside then our churches. Did you visit at prayer time or just to go into the mosque?

    Loved the car.....I wonder what it feels like to drive something with 1001HP, let's see, my little Hyundai has.....maybe 1-2HP?? You should see me flooring the gas pedal to get onto 394, and hoping the car that's coming will SEE me and will SLOW down just a wee bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Rickrolled me. I thought that the newest model was going to be Conan's Mouse-Bugatti or something.

    ReplyDelete